Winning Formula for Criminal Defense Used by Massachusetts Attorneys
Founder and lead attorney Irwin Pollack reports on how his firm, the Massachusetts DUI Defense Group, wins criminal cases.
Pollack says, "We obtain such a large number of cases being dismissed, extremely favorable plea agreements, and jury acquittals for the cases that ultimately go to trial. People often ask, 'How do we do it?' " His secret lies in our winning formula and successful courtroom strategies that include:
- We favor a team approach to criminal cases. We often put our heads together to offer you the best legal strategy, regardless of how impossible the situation may be to you.
- We have a reputation as being a tough, thorough and skilled firm. Our attorneys are recognized for challenging false accusations, the testimony of lying witnesses and law enforcement officials, incorrect identification, and faulty scientific evidence.
- We practice criminal defense law in specific local areas. We know our courts, prosecutors and the procedures followed on our home turf.
- We can avoid unnecessary delays that a lawyer unfamiliar with the local courts often encounters.
- We know how the local judges rule and how local juries tend to render verdicts, thus putting you in the best position to decide whether to plea your case or take it to trial.
- We willingly attack police reports. Because officers say the same things about each arrest, it has gotten to the point where we accuse officers of using prewritten reports ("Mad Libs Police Reports"). We counter this by cross-examining officers on the stand and bringing to light improper police conduct.
Our strongest belief is that the district attorney must prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. That is the highest standard in law. You have a constitutional right to challenge the evidence against you. That is why it is extremely important to have an experienced attorney evaluating the facts of your case.